Special scientist position (researcher)
Title: Special scientist position (researcher)
Positions: A 1)
Category: Employment with one year contract
Workplace : University of Cyprus, Nicosia
Applications are invited from applicants who have the necessary qualifications to fill one (1) full-time (140 hours / month) research position in the Computer Science Department, Computer Systems Laboratory, to investigate in the area of ” data center computing Systems, operating systems, computer architecture. ”The position may lead to the obtaining of a doctorate.
The “Disaggregating Persistent Memory (DIPEM)” project covers a wide range of multidisciplinary topics that fit into recent trends in data-centric computing systems. It aims to investigate how CPU persistent memory disaggregation can enable early adoption of persistent memory while maintaining its performance advantages. Persistent memory is an emerging technology that combines disk persistence with memory speed, meeting the growing needs of data-centric applications for fast storage.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out experimental research on computer systems.
- Collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Bibliographic review of current literature.
- Writing articles for publication in conference proceedings and scientific journals.
General Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and / or postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, electrical engineering, or computer engineering) from an accredited institution.
- Excellent skills in systems programming (eg C, C ++, Rust, Python) and software development Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English language.
- Experience in subjects relevant to computer systems, operating systems and computer architecture
- Experience in programming language runtime environments
- Experience and / or participation European and / or other research projects funded Organizational skills
Terms of employment:
The gross monthly salary is estimated at € 1,423.74. Employee contributions will be deducted from this amount. There is no provision for the 13th salary
For a full review, interested applicants should submit the following by email to [email protected], at the latest wednesday 30e from June 2021, at 23:59, which will be the last date for submitting applications, and use the subject line of the email:
“Application: Special Scientific Position (Researcher): DIPEM”
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A full curriculum vitae in English or Greek.
- A cover letter stating their interest in their position as well as their preferred date to start employment. Brief review of research / academic work, as well as a brief description of future scientific plans (up to 2 pages). Proof of their qualifications (Copies of BSc / MSc transcripts) Names and contact details of two people who will be willing to provide references Full contact details
At least the three best candidates who meet the required qualifications will be interviewed by a committee of 3 members.
Applicants are informed of the outcome of their application by the competent entity.
The University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Personal Data Regulation 2016/679 (EU)
For more information, contact Assistant Professor Haris Volos at [email protected]