SAYBROOK TOWNSHIP – The Ashtabula Region City School Education Council addressed several staffing issues during Thursday night’s meeting at Lakeside High School.
The board approved the 2021-20122 service agreement between Ashtabula Region City Schools and the Ashtabula County Education Service Center to provide breakfast and lunch for the Building Bridges program.
The board also approved the hiring of 50 certified substitutes and 38 ranked substitutes for the 2021-2022 school year, as well as teachers and administrators for the upcoming summer program.
The board also hired:
• Vanessa Dobo, speech therapist, effective August 16.
• Alyssa Mariotti, school psychologist, from August 16.
• Amanda Steel, Assistant to the EMIS Coordinator / Administrative Assistant at Central Office, effective July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
The board has accepted the retirements of:
• Nancy Butler, Nutrition Services at Superior Intermediate, effective August 1. Butler has been employed by the district since May 2, 1994.
• Linda Dieffenbacher, paraprofessional at Erie Intermediate, effective July 1. Dieffenbacher has been with the district since May 26, 1998.
The board accepted the resignation of:
• Mariel Sallee, Director of School Improvements, effective July 31. He has been employed by the district since August 1, 2018.
• Jami Burke, fourth grade teacher, upper intermediate, effective August 1. Burke has been in the district since August 18, 2016.
• Carrie Brockway, preschool teacher, Michigan Primary, effective August 1. She has been part of the district since August 28, 2006.
Additional contracts were awarded to Scott Collins, assistant college football coach for Lakeside High, Terrance Henton, eighth-grade football coach, and Angela Ponteri, cheerleader consultant.
The next council meeting will be July 21 at 6 p.m. at Lakeside High School.