We are looking for a designer to join our busy academic and professional division, which publishes on a range of topics including philosophy, education, theology, linguistics, history, law, theatre, film and media and fashion.
- Design of the cover of the new titles among the selected lists
- Generating final cover art (using Adobe CS) for new titles
- Liaise with editorial, marketing and production colleagues, and external vendors on cover design, status, timelines and budgets
- Ensure company systems are kept up to date with coverage data, files and status
- Arrange bi-monthly coverage meeting with title editors
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Design experience in an academic publishing environment
- Proven technical expertise (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Experience managing freelance designers and illustrators
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to process a large volume of work quickly and accurately
- A keen eye for detail
- The trust to liaise with internal stakeholders and external vendors
The role is a permanent full-time position based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a 2 day in office / 3 day from home (or fully in office if preferred) hybrid work model. The office days allocated for this role are Wednesday and Thursday.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the “APPLY NOW” button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by April 19, 2022.
Please share your digital portfolio link when applying for this position.
Bloomsbury reserves the right to close the position early if we exceed the required number of applications
Benefits of Bloomsbury
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning global organization, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive advantages:
- hybrid work model of: 2 days in the office / 3 days at home (or entirely in the office if you prefer)
- 25 days vacation
- 3.5 days Christmas company vacation
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an extra 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Eye Care Voucher Program
That day – online fitness classes, mindfulness, cooking classes, workshops, etc.
Corporate culture ! – Employee meetings, employee networks (BAME, disability, mental health, LGBTQ and parents, guardians and carers), 15 mental health first aiders trained in UK offices, publication events and access to resources from free publications
For additional benefits, see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please report to the recruitment team if necessary
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the original publisher and trustee of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic names. Read our story to find out how it all started.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a work environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, respects difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are committed to nurturing and developing our people to reach their full potential, and we know that our success is built on the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognize the urgent need to attract and support candidates from all backgrounds and identities to be part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please learn more about our missions and values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.